Sorry I was so late with this one! I was nominated like 9 months ago but I’m only putting this up now!
Thank you so much to Akshay Kumar Das for nominating me this time around!
I’m not quite sure if people usually make a second post for the same blog award but I decided to anyway, because why not.
So anyway, RULES!
• Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
• Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
• Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
• Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
• List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
So here are the questions and the answers:
1. How do you want people to react with you when you fail?
A. See, it depends on who the person is. If they’re my friend, they can laugh all they want. Because they see something absolutely hilarious in my failures. But if it’s someone I don’t know, I’d rather we don’t broach the topic, because they’re certainly not allowed to laugh, but I hate being pitied. So just don’t mention it, I guess.
2. How do you tolerate people’s mistakes?
A. I often ask myself the same thing. The aforementioned nuisances- ahem, friends- really drive me up the wall sometimes. What I do is just not say anything. It usually passes by. Mistakes that cause physical or mental harm to me or someone I really care about on the other hand? Those I don’t forgive very easily. I don’t say anything unless I have a really good reason to, though.
3. What are the best books you suggest to me to read and write a review? (Max 2 Books only)
A. Do book series count? Because I know some really good ones. I’ll give them anyway.
Series: Lockwood and Co. (must read, seriously) and maybe The School For Good and Evil (I read it when I was eight so it’s pretty immature but I loved it). Also Artemis Fowl for sure. Also, A Basket of Blueberries (wink wink; currently being rewritten by the way)
Books: Jinx if you count Meg Cabot. Otherwise there’s Turtles All the Way Down and Fahrenheit 451. There’s so many more but I’ll stop at two.
4. The best source of inspiration for you to write.
A. Honestly? A lot of things. Sometimes it’s my friends, because most of my characters are based on them and some are based on me. Also whatever I’m reading at the moment, because there’s always at least one character that’s similar to one of mine. Example, in Jinx (and no, I’m not going to get over this any time soon) there’s a Jean and a Zack (A Basket of Blueberries: my book) Coincidence? I think not. Anyway, it’s mostly my thoughts that are derived from what I’m reading/watching at the moment. (Which is why my characters have such un-realistic hair, the guys in particular). Also I think a LOT, and I observe a lot.
5. How to Balance Career and Passion?
A. That’s a tough one, and I’m not really sure. I’m actually doing it right now, except it’s not really a career per se. I’m super busy with studies nowadays. Which is why I write less frequently, and I try to squeeze in blocks of time in random places. Places that sometimes get filled in by other distractions (I’m looking at you, PS4). So yes, it’s tough, but it’s definitely possible.
6. What you think about Spirituality?
A. Nothing in particular, actually. But I do believe in energies and the Force (or whatever you want to call it). That’s all I have to say 😂
7. How do you know whether it is love or attraction?
A. Well, I guess attraction is a more temporary feeling. Like only existent when you’re in the presence of a person. But love is more permanent, and even when you’re apart you feel the same way. Also (and I don’t really know where I picked this up, but I know I read this somewhere) I guess with attraction you can’t imagine any future possibilities with them, but with love you can imagine spending your life with a person. There’s so much more I can say, but I don’t want all of us to be here all day, so let’s move on!
8. How to be not so vulnerable to depression, what’re your tips to calm our mind? what you do personally.
A. I dunno, I’ve always been prone to optimism. So I’ve never been depressed or anything like that. So I don’t do anything much personally, my friends and family keep me cheerful enough, and there’s always something to look forward to. But I guess the best thing to do would be to always have a good support system, someone or someones who understand and who you can talk to freely. Maybe your friends or your parents or siblings. How to not be vulnerable? Well, if you expose yourselves to the right kinds of people, with cheerful and good personalities, they’ll rub off on you and you’ll also be much more happy. How to calm the mind? Well, I’d say the best way to re-centre yourself is either to do something spiritual, like maybe go to a temple/church/mosque or anything and sit there and let the good vibes flow around you, or do something for yourself. Take a day off, even if you’re on a tight schedule, because you won’t accomplish anything with a busy mind. In that day, do whatever you wanted to do- like maybe take a nap, relax, watch videos, read a book. Or whatever makes you calm. When you get back to working, you’ll be much more efficient and relaxed. And also we have to remember that there is no end to the world (no, I’m not talking about the Red Giant end) because life will go on unaffected. The only person who’ll be affected by all this is you, and at the end of the day, you matter the most.
9. What do you do on Sundays and/or holidays?
A. Study. That’s literally it. With breaks, of course, I’m not a robot. Maybe play a video game, read a book/manga, etc. etc. Or play my guitar. I have a lot of hobbies. A LOT.
10. What you eat and think or feel good for health (not the recipe but you know the name of food).
A. Literally anything (with limited exceptions) makes me feel good. Because I am a massive foodie. I love everything food, so just eating makes me happy. There’s no particular dish, though.
11. Define your present life, and write a few words.
A. In one word- busy. I have a lot of work going on and when I’m not working I have limited “chill time”. And aside from all that I have like four stories going on simultaneously, which I occasionally write. But the lockdown gave me a lot more time for all this, and a chance to breathe. Which is what I really needed. Like I said, I always look at the positives.
Now for my questions… I’m just gonna repeat the questions from my last Sunshine Blogger Award post (I’m lazy…)
- If you could change the world with one sentence, what would that sentence be?
- If you could invent a wizard spell, what would you call it? And what would it do?
- If you had the chance to come up with the name for a science magazine, what would you call it?
- If you could come up with different names for the days of the week, what would you call them?
- What would your pen name as an author/authoress be?
- What is the one thing you would most like to get famous for?
- What is one talent you have that nobody knows about?
- What is one thing you’ve always wanted to do but never done?
- If you could re-invent the school system, would you change it? If so, how?
- Which is the best book you’ve ever read? (series don’t count)
- If you could have a superpower, any superpower, what would you choose to have and why?
And my nominations are:
All of my lovely readers! Seriously, all of you. Yes, I know, probably more than 11.
What do you mean I’m being lazy by not actually nominating people? 😅
Make sure to leave a comment with a link to your posts, I’d love to see them! Much love.
PS: It’s been a while, but geez, we’re almost at 200 followers! Honestly, when I started this blog, I did not expect anywhere near as many. Thank you so so so much to all of you! Seriously, this means so much to me 💞